INWR Charity Giving Policy
The purpose of this charity giving policy for the Inland Northwest Region of the Porsche Club of America, is to make those charity donations we give as a club subject to some reasonable guidelines and controls so they may better reflect the intentions of the club. Those intentions are: 1) predictable funding from year-to-year, 2) benefit equally all communities that make up our region, and 3) go as directly as possible to the individuals served by a given charity. The donations given will be recorded in the club
newsletter that follows the Board meeting in November as a open record to our members.
1. All charity giving and/or event participation by the INWR/PCA shall be decided by the Board of Directors, with the option to seek the general memberships approval by vote.
2. It should be the Board’s goal to encourage and support charity events that involve active participation by member volunteers; such as the Spokane Guilds’ School Penny
3. At the November board meeting each year the charity giving budget, organization(s), cash amounts, and timing of donations shall be decided.
4. A fixed percent of our total annual PCA rebate money shall be used in determining the charity budget as the means of cost control for charity giving. In the year 2014 to date, that amount is $5,006. If we use 40% of that amount it would equal approx. $2.002 This is the amount I suggest that we use for our first budget.
5. The Board reserves the right to make one-time “special” donations if circumstances demand it. An example would be the donation to Bruce Hunt’s designated charity River’s Wish Animal Sanctuary in lieu of flowers at his memorial service.
6. The INWR/PCA shall support charity organizations that serve all of the communities within our region’s boundaries so that they benefit in proportion to the number of members in each community.
7. The board shall seek to fund a new charity (or charities) each year to ensure a wider range of support among deserving charity organizations. Selection to consider where the donation dollars as much as possible go to the intended individuals in need, rather than administrative/organizational costs.
8. Charity giving amounts and recipients shall be published in the first issue of the Über Alles following the board’s decision at the November meeting.
Thanks to Keith Martin, V.P. and Bill Roberts, Treasurer for their help in drafting this
Contact the Webmaster
© Inland Northwest Region 2017